So yesterday started out like any normal day, until about 8:30 AM. The phone rang, as I look at the caller ID, I was amazed at the number that I saw. It was my Father!!!! I couldn't believe it, it wasn't possible. There was no way, that the man that wanted nothing to do with me my whole life was calling me...it just didn't seem right.
Well for sure it was him, there was no doubt there. I still was in shock. He talked as if nothing had happened, as if the years that have gone by with no contact was no big deal. I still don't even know why it was that he called me. I wrote him a letter last week, and he said that he got it, and so he thought that he would give me a call. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That's not right. I wanted to tell him....Who are you and what did you do with my father??!!
I am truly amazed that he called, but yet at the same time...what an answer to prayer. I prayed the day that I mailed that letter that the Lord would allow it to work on my father's heart, and it looks like it did. What a mighty God we serve!! He truly answered my prayers, and I pray that through this, that maybe my father and I can talk more often.
The greatest thing to me is that even though I don't really talk to my earthly father that much, I can talk to my Heavenly Father all I want!! He is ALWAYS there for me. He cares about my hurts and pains, and concerns.
I am not going to expect anything from my father, but I can pray that things will progress into a relationship of some sort, although I surely won't hold my breath for that. I am leaving it all in God's hands, and allowing Him to guide me through this. Only the Lord knew this was going to happen, and so I know that He knows what will take place from here on out.
Yesterday was a good day overall. I am still today in shock that he called me. I didn't belive that it was real. WOW....What a mighty God we serve!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment