Monday, September 22, 2008

Give Me A Break

So I was strolling through blogs this afternoon, and I came upon a IFB Pastor's page. Please understand that I am IFB, and I've always been that, and I always will be an IFB. HOWEVER!!!! The beauty of being an Independent Baptist is that I am INDEPENDENT!

I was reading through this mans blog, and he said that casual dress has ruined America. Ummmm....OK! I think not! I get so sick and tired of hearing about dress. Please know that I'm all for dressing properly, and I'm all for being respectful, and modest in my dress, but I certainly do not think that casual dress has ruined America. That is absolutely ludicrous. Do I think that if we are going to Church, we should dress properly, and give our 100% best to the Lord? Absolutely! But I also think that there is a time for casual dress. I assure you that when I am at home, I'm not wearing my Sunday best, I am casually dressed. Also, when I go out in public, it's not my Sunday best, where it's a nice skirt, and top, and nylons, and heels. While I'm dressed modestly, I'm also more casually dressed. My husband doesn't go out in a suit and tie all the time.

I seriously think that there are bigger issues in America, and bigger things that have destryoed America, other than casual dress. Whoa....I could go on and on, but I'll quit. That was just my two cents on it all.

2 comments:

proud2Bmomma said...

I would agree with that. I know of one pastor's wife who cleaned in dress clothes and heels just in case somebody dropped by! Ummmm . . . . . no thanks!!

Robison5 said...

Amen sister...I am pretty sure God would not want us spending our days worried about the great downfall of America that is casual dress!
People need to quite making mountains of molehills!