Monday, November 03, 2008

For My Teens!

For those of you who read and follow my blog, this won't be a normal post. This is something that I feel I need to do, for a couple of different reasons, the main one being....It helps me heal.

I dedicate this to my teens, to the people who for the past two years have brought me so much joy and happiness! I want you all to know that even though I won't be there at Church anymore, that I am ALWAYS here for you guys, no matter what. I know that times are rough right now, and nobody understands what's going on, and we'd all like to have answers. We have to trust the Lord and know that He knows what He's doing.

Rachel- You have blossomed into a beautiful young lady right before my eyes. You so desire the things of the Lord, and I know that you will allow the Lord to use you in a great and mighty way. I'll always remember of you as Strawberry Shortcake, and any time I see her, I'll think of you (*WINK*) I love that you don't just believe things, and that you question things. And while that isn't always a good thing, at least you have to search out the scripture, and find what's right. You remain faithful to the Lord, and you allow Him to use you! I'm continually praying for your happiness, and I think that you know that it can/will happen.

Brittannie (A.K.A- Brittany)-
Oh Brittany! What do I say! Words couldn't express all the great times that we've had. I love that you remain positive and strong, and your willingness to learn about the Lord, and follow the Lord. Seeing you get baptized was such a blessed event for me, because I knew it was something that you had longed for, for a very long time! What a tremendous day that was! You so desire the Lord, and I know that you want to see your family to come to know the Lord. Remain faithful to God, and He'll answer your prayers. I'll continue to be in prayer for your parents, that they'll come around. You keep the faith, as you have been doing, and the Lord will answer you in time. Oh I could go on forever, Brittany, as you are just a true joy to me. And I swear- by the moon and the stars in the sky- turn the page....I'll just drink my water...I'm stuffed! ROFL! I'll never ever forget that! I'll also never, ever forget the scavenger hunt where you slid in the gravel, and hit my car, and I didn't even ask you if you were OK, I only asked about my car! HA HA !! I still cannot believe that I did that, but I really am glad that you're OK. And you'll always be my Pokey Little Puppy!

Autumn- Well we sure have been through a lot together haven't we? I know that you've drifted away from the Lord the past few months, but I also know that you won't stay there. You become faithful again, and you let the Lord use you. You have a tender heart, and I know that the Lord could really use you. I'll come visit you at Taco Bell....soon.

Wayne-
Your passion for the Lord, and for souls is amazing! You have such a zeal for the Lord and the things of the Lord. I appreciate all that you stand for. You have a real, true passion for kids, and that's a good thing. (You sure the Lord is calling you into the ministry? *WINK*) You have been such a blessing to my boys and the admire and look up to you. Thanks for never letting them down, and for being a great Godly roll model for them to follow. Whenever I see rice pudding, I'll think of you. LOL!


C.J.-
WOW! You have been so much fun to get to know. You are so amazing and funny and I have enjoyed every minute of getting to know you. I see your passion for the Lord, and that makes me happy. I know that the Lord is going to do great and mighty things in your life. You also have been an amazing role model for my boys, and Dylan really looks up to you. Thank you for being great to them, even through all the little hits and punches Jacob has thrown at you. LOL! And every time I see chocolate pudding, I'll think of you!! LOL! You keep being faithful, and let the Lord use you!

Hannah-
I'll always remember our road trips and all the conversations that we've had. You amaze me! I know that you don't think that you are anything special (you need to get that thought out of your head by the way ), but I want you to know that you are a beautiful person, inside and out. You never forget that. You have amazing talent for writing, and a passion for it. I loved when you would come over and play your guitar with Bro. Chris. I pray that you find your way in the world, and that you can become a musician for the Lord, as I know one of your passions is to start a band. Rock on Hannah! Play that music and make a joyful noise to the Lord (Psalms 66:1)

Sarah- You are a beautiful person. I've seen a change in you and it makes me happy. You continue to grow in the Lord, and you remain faithful. And don't let C.J. get away with things. LOL! I know we didn't talk all the time, but I can see the Lord working in your life, and you continue to let that happen.

Ruth- My dear Ruth! Oh I love you so much, and I know that you are hurting right now. I also know though, that you have become extremely close to the Lord in the past couple of months, and as much as you want to quit right now, you know that's not what the Lord has planned for you. When you got saved, I was so exstatic! What a blessing to see you come to know the Lord. And if that wasn't enough, you surrendered your life to the Lord's calling, and want to become a missionary or a missonary's wife! That's so amazing, and wonderful! You don't forget that calling on your life. You stay faithful to the Lord, and He'll remain faithful to you!

I love each and every one of you, very much! And while I know that y'all are hurting right now, we all have to remember this: Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Y'all remember what you've been taught! You ALL stay faithful not just to God, but Church! Don't quit, don't give up, and don't lose faith! The Lord is with y'all all the time, and while this valley seems a little dark and long, just remember the mountaintop will be here soon. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives! I'll always remember the outings, the trips, the party's, the times spent talking after Church, going out to eat, hanging out, etc. Thank you for giving me such wonderful and amazing memories! I love each and every one of you!!!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Charlie what a wonderful dedication post to your teens! That is really special.

If I may ask, Where is your family going?

The Yancey's said...

You made my eye leak! This was so sweet for you to do for your teens.