skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sea World- - - -October 2008
So, I was looking through pictures the other night and I realized that I totally meant to post a blog about when we went to Sea World, in San Antonio, and I never did. Here I am now....4 months later posting about it, ROFL! Here is a picture of what my family and I call slug bugs, and it was painted like water, and had a whale dorsal fin and tail on it. I thought it was so cute and I couldn't help but take a picture of it! I don't know that I'd like to drive around town in something like that, but it sure is cute!
Taking the kids to Sea Wo
rld was so WONDERFUL! I love that we were able to do that for them, and that they were able to have a good time. That was always on my list of places to take my boys, so I mark it off for now, and hope that another day, we can go back. They had so much fun, and it was a great learning experience as well. So many magnificent animals out there that the Lord has given to us, and it was amazing to see just a few of those amazing creatures. My boys are fascinated with sea life, and we have some books that they like to read and look at, and it was so neat to show them some of the animals, that we probably wouldn't ever get to see out in the ocean.
The first show that we went to, was the dolphin and beluga whale show! I love beluga whales, and I think that they are so cool looking. The boys were so amazed with them, and all that they would do. I loved to just sit back and watch my boys take it all in, and just watch them with such awe and amazement on their faces. To hear them say: "Mom...Did you see that?!" "Did you see them jump?" "Mom look at that splash!" Oh what joy filled my heart to hear my boys enjoying it so much!!The next show that
we went too was....Yep, you guessed it: SHAMU!! I could go to Sea World, just to see Shamu, and the killer whales! They absolutely amaze me!!
Now, the one thing that happened that really disappointed the boys with seeing Shamu was....They did NOT get wet, and that was a MAJOR disappointment to them. We thought where we were sitting
that we'd get wet, well...at least the boys would, but...no such luck. We really thought that they'd be able to get wet where we were at, but it just didn't happen. Now, I have to be honest and say, I did NOT want to get wet, AT ALL! So I was doing all I could to not get wet, but I think that in turn made it to where the boys didn't get wet either. Although, in my defense, I didn't control where the whale landed, and splashed. The boys kept saying though...Mom, Dad, if we were just a little bit closer, we would have gotten wet. (Secretly....I'm really glad we didn't get wet. LOL!!)
I thought this picture was so cool, how the whale just glides up on this platform, and lays there, this huge magnificent animal! I told my boys that while they were that big in captivity, they are even bigger out in the wild, out in the ocean. They had a hard time believing that. I have always said that the ocean amazes me. If you stop and think about it, we have multiple types of sea creatures out there, whales, sharks, fish, eels, dolphins, seals, sea lions, jellyfish, etc. ALL these animals in the ocean, and yet, you could go out on a boat, and never see a whale, or a shark (thank goodness) or something big like that. I mean really think about it. You have these 2-3 ton pound animals out in the ocean, and there is still plenty of water, out there. There isn't an over population of ocean animals. Does that surprise anyo
ne else? LOL!!The last thing that we went to go and see was....Another one of my favorite....The dolphins! We tried so hard to pet them, but we just couldn't reach them. They'd get close enough so you could see them, and get a good picture of them, but they definitely didn't come to you, unless....You had fish, and we did not have any fish. The boys tried, and tried to touch them, and to feel them, but they just couldn't. (Call me greedy or stingy, but I wasn't paying $7 for some little bit of fish, LOL) The boys still enjoyed seeing the dolphins, and it was so neat to see them swimming around and around. So social, yet somewhat apprehensive. I could have sat there for hours just watching them. It was so great!!
Here is a picture of my guys! The smile on all of their faces (although mainly my boys...sorry honey) made it ALL worth while! Knowing that they had a good time, and that we got to do something as a family was so special. We love doing things as a family, and this has to be at the top of one of my FAVORITE things we've done as a family. I'll always remember the smiles, the laughter, the looks on their faces when the whales jump out of the water and make a huge splash! I realize daily that they won't be around forever. My boy's are growing up so fast, and I really want to cherish every minute I have with them. The laughter, the smiles, the happy times, I cherish them....Absolutely cherish them =)
3 comments:
How fun!!! it amazes me that there is a Shamu in San Antonio too! I grew up with shamu at sea world in San Diego! What a blessing to see the boys enjoy themselves so much!!
that is definitely on our "places to go" list :)
Great Pictures, sound like so much fun and your youngest looks soooo much like you.
Merry Christmas Charlie
Post a Comment