Saturday, October 14, 2006

Reflections

Someone had sent me a picture the other day and it was of me and my husband 10 years ago at my senior prom!! I could not believe that they had this picture. I was really amazed that anyone had it. I was sure that only family and I had it, guess not.You know, how you can remember looking at your parents pictures, and thinking how goofy they look, well I can't help but think that is what my kids will think. Look at my husband's glasses, thank goodness for contacts (right babe?)....Too funny. So yes....the picture above is of me and my husband 10 years ago. I think that we were already engaged there in this picture if I'm not mistaken.

Now here we are. Married for 8 years, going on 9. We have two beautiful children, and a baby up in Heaven that we will get to see one day. We have a house, and a nice car, but all that fails in comparrison to what we have together. We have a marriage that is based on what the Lord wants for our lives. We have learned to base our marriage on the Lord. It took us a few years to get to that point, but we are there, and things are GREAT. We have both worked hard to have a relationship like we have now. It's been a lot of sacrifice, but it is sooooooo worth it!! You hear people say that marriage is 50-50, but it's not, it's 100-100!! You both have to give it all you've got, or you won't make it anywhere.

So 10 years later I can say that I am happier than I've ever been. I am married to the best guy ever. He leads me and his family in the way of the Lord, and that is what matters most. God was so good to me, and I thank the Lord all the time for giving me the best husband!! *BABY I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART (or as we say, as much of my heart as I can). I THANK THE LORD FOR YOU, AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR ME AND FOR YOUR FAMILY!!!!

No comments: