Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Reflecting and realizations =)

Well I realize that it has been a while, but as you all know...time can get away from you. All the hype over the Holidays, and then just like that, it's over.

I cannot believe that it is 2007 already!! Where does the time go? I really don't know where the past 10 years since I have been out of High School have gone. I am astonished that it's even been 10 years since High School, I cannot believe that at all. Time flies when you're having fun, and I can honestly say that I've enjoyed the last 10 years that's for sure.

My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary, and that doesn't seem possible, but it is. I am so EXCITED about that, I really am. Every year gets better and better (or as he would say...gooder and gooder LOL). He is the Love of my life, and I am so extremely happy to be married to him. He makes me so happy every day, and I realize that I am so blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful husband. God was so good to me when he brought him into my life!!

As the new year came around (and not that we are to far into it), I started realizing a lot of things. Nothing major, just little things. I realized that people, no matter how old they are, can still be so childish, and I don't really like that. You would think that as adults, you would be past the whole I'm not talking to you things, but sometimes you just come across people that aren't past that. I guess I have to realize that if they are like that with me, then I just have to give them over to the Lord and allow Him to take care of it. As much as it bothers me, and it is one of my pet peeves, I have to give it to God and allow Him to take care of it. It isn't in my control anyway.

I also realized that 2007 I had to make a change in my life for the Lord. For the first time in a long time, I've read my Bible every day, and not only that, I'm getting things from it!! I am remembering what I am reading, and retaining some knowledge of it. I am so happy with myself for that. For years I have wanted that, and I realized that this was the year that things in my life had to change, and I was the only one that could make that change. God is so good to me, and I realized that I wasn't getting enough from Him. There was answers to so many things that I just wasn't picking up, and getting. The Bible has all the answers in life that I need, and I wasn't reading it. Shame on me!! Praise the Lord that we serve a God of second, third, fourth, etc., chances. He was wanting me to read His Word, and I chose not to...shame on me. But!! He never gave up on me, and He is still there with open arms. How AWESOME!!

I also realized how old my kids were getting. They are 8 &7 now, and I don't know where the time has gone. Where have my babies gone? They are getting older, and maturing, and I don't know where the time has gone. I want to cherish every minute that I can with them, because before I know it, they will be out of my house, and on their own. WOW!! What a scary thought. My little guys on their own...I better not rush anything, right?!

Well I guess that is all of my reflections and my realizations. Nothing major just a few things that I've realized. I hope that everyone's New Year is finding them well. God Bless!!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Hey Charlie
Its Elisa--I like your blog especially the pictures of the boys--They are so cute. I was wondering about your comment about people being childish and not talking to you. Are you making an effort to talk to them. I know from my experiences that I feel that way about some people too. For awhile I felt like I was making an extra effort to talk to people and I was never getting a whole lot in return. I would have people over but they never asked me over. It was just frustrating and then when we started going to Colonial it seemed like I had lost some friends. I felt like I was always the outsider and other people were always getting together and we were never asked. So all I am saying is maybe some of those people who are being childish--are you talking to them or are you ignoring them just a little.

Love in Christ
Your Friend Elisa