Saturday, May 12, 2007

Being a Mom


As Mother's Day approaches, I can't help but think how blessed I am as a Mother! Here you see my two little boys. Aren't they adorable?!?!

The Lord has truly blessed me with these two precious little boys. They are absolutely my pride and joy. Being a Mother is simply the best feeling in the world. I can't imagine women who go through life, and don't want kids. That is just not natural.

All I ever wanted in life was to be a wife, and a Mother. I am living my dream life right now (hence my blog's headline), and I never take that for granted. I realize daily that the Lord has blessed me with my children and He trusted Chris and I to take care of these two precious people. I have to do my best daily to take care of them. Yes, motherhood isn't always easy. You are going to face hard times, and you will have sleepless nights, and they are going to be sick, but the BLESSING is worth the sacrifice.

I've had my ups and downs in my 8 years of being a Mom, and I know that I will continue to have them. I've learned a lot throughout the years as well. I know that each kid is different, and no matter how much you want them to be the same, or how much you expect them to be the same, they are differen't. That is how they were made, we just have to accept that. You will face different challenges with each one as well. In the end though, really all that matters is that you raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Raise them to love, respect, honor, fear, and marvel in the Lord.

If nothing else I want for my children, I want them to know that God loves them, and so do I. Yes, they are going to make mistakes, we all do. I want them to know that God is there for them 100% and I will always be there for them 100%. Being a Mother is a lifetime thing, you don't stop being a Mom when your child reaches 18. There is no cut off age for being a parent.

So I've realized that I LOVE being a Mom, and I am going to continue to raise my boys (and any other children that the Lord blesses me with), to fear, love, marvel, respect, etc., the Lord, and others. My children are my pride and joy, and I hope that all you other Mother's who are out there love your children just the same. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all my friends who are Mom's!! Children are a heritage of the Lord, NEVER forget that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How old are your boys now?
What a wonderful post!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel very much the same way. It really didn't hit me until Trey out of the blue starts to ride is bike in one try and Gracie losing her tooth. Plus her going to Kindergarten in the fall and only having two children at home will be different as well. Trey hasn't lost any teeth yet. Both his bottom teeth are loose too, but not enough that they will be coming out soon. It's nice that I don't have to clean their rooms anymore!!! Thank God for star charts and piggy banks. They have to have 20 stickers on their Star Charts before they buy one thing.
It's been either Dairy Queen Ice Cream lately or going to the Dollar Store for one toy.

Anyway, don't know how I got off on that. Even though I'm a little sad and happy and all of the above about them growing out of the baby stage, I know that's God's plan and I'm thankful that I get the opportunity to see God mold them into be what he wants them to be.

It's really neat to see the pictures of your kids and how big their getting. 9 and 7? That is hard to believe!

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen anything new for awhile. Hope you are okay.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Where have you been? ;[ Other than Six Flags. I checked out your husbands blog. Haven't seen a post in awhile. Thought I would leave a note saying that I am here, and I am requesting an update no you.
PLEASE!!!!