
I truly feel like Winnie the Pooh right now...with no honey. Let me explain. We really have been dealing with a lot at our Church, and things don't really seem to be getting any easier. People are talking about leaving the Church and if that is what they feel like they have to do, to grow for the Lord then who are we?? I hate that people feel like that, because I know their hearts. Little by little I can see families slipping away from the Lord and that is NOT how it is supposed to be.
My husband and I ourselves have talked about leaving also, but with him being in the ministry, we can't really just pick up and leave. We've prayed and prayed and prayed, and the Lord doesn't seem to be showing us the way right now. And I know that the Lord hears our prayers, and our cries it says so in the Bible. Psa 27:7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. So I know that the Lord hears my cries and my prayers, and I know that He will answer them, the question is when??
I simply do not understand the mind of our Pastor. I don't say that being rude, or cruel, or even trying to bad mouth him. I just don't get how his mind works. Chris had surgery yesterday to remove his gallbladder, and the whole time that he was up there, which was from 9 in the morning until 7 last night, our Pastor didn't stop by ONCE!! Not once...he didn't even call to make sure that he was OK or anything. I tried calling him 3 times at his house and Church with no answer. This is his assitant that is in the hospital, the one that works by his side, and he can't even come to see how he is doing?? It's not right. Especially when I KNOW that he goes to the hospital to visit this person or that person (who don't go to our Church), and he can't even come to see his own assistant?? I felt so bad for my husband, because that truly hurt his feelings. It was like our Pastor was telling him that he didn't care enough about him to go to the hospital. It's just not fair. I just hope that hubby will feel better soon and then we can move on...if that be the Lord's will.
So we pray and pray and one day the Lord will deliever us. And until then, we will remain faithful to Him, and allow Him to guide us in our lives. I never thought that the ministry could have so many ups and downs. I really didn't. I LOVE being in the ministry I don't want it to sound that way. I know that the Lord works miracles all the time and I know that working for the Lord is the best thing that we can do in our lives.
I just feel saddened by all that is going on. I just know that it is out of my hands and there is nothing that I can do about it. Even though I want to heal everybody, and take everyone's pain away, I know that I can't do that. I know that the Lord is in control, and I have to allow Him to take care of everyone. I just want this journey in the valley to be over with....
I just want to say how much I love my husband. He brings me so much joy and happiness, and he truly lifts my spirits while I am down. It amazes me that when I am down, he is always up and when he is down, I am up. The Lord is so great like that!! My hubby is a HUGE part of my life, and I live to serve him (and the Lord). I am so blessed to have such a great man of God in my life. I love him so much!!

Well that is all for me right now. I am off to go and take care of my hubby, hopefully he is asleep by now, he needs the rest to recover. Take care everbody, and Kristy...WELCOME BACK!!!!!
1 comment:
Hey lady!
Let me tell you it's good to be back
I'm really sorry to hear about your hubby having his gallbladder removed.
We will be praying that he heals completely and that his strength restores to him. Will he have to take special pills for the acid that goes in his stomach now? My Dad had his gallbladder removed and at first he thought he had made a mistake about having the surgery, cause the after pains hurt him worse. He even asked them if they even took it out cause it didn't feel like it. After about 1 1/2 weeks he was feeling good. Took him about 3 months to feel his normal self. He is 60 yrs old. So Chris does have one up on him YOUTH! hahaha
I don't have any honey :[ but I have a verse that I read in my devotion time that I would like to share with you, Eccl. 7 (the preacher).
The whole verse is deep and wonderful to think on, but the verse that really stuck out to me is verse [13]
Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?
I know that its been really beyond words what you and your hubby has been threw but in the process of it all, don't try and make straight what God has made crooked. Some of the best lessons learned is on the sharpest corners!!!
The refiner's fire of God may not be easy going through, but in the end, you will come out the way He wants for you to be.
I don't know if this has helped you but it was something God showed me as we are going through some difficult times and decisions in our church. I just wanted to share it with you.
Here's a big OOOO from me. I will put you guys on the prayer list.
Tell next time.
Keep your chin up
and your nose down! ;]
LYL
Kristy
Post a Comment