Saturday, July 01, 2006

Today is a better day

Well I am sitting here thinking that today is a better day. I was really having a rough day on Thursday, and I know that there was a lot that played into it. It just seems as though one thing piles on another and another and another. I am sure that we all know how that goes. If it's not one thing it's another, and if you don't deal with the one thing first then you just get overwhelmed, and that was me on Thursday. Today is Saturday though, and it is a better day.

I know that one of the things that is bothering me the most is the fact that my mom is living with me right now, and that can be rather annoying on certain days. I love my mom to death, I really do, but the deal was that she would move here with us until she found a job, that was in December, and it's July already. I seriously think that it is time for her to move out. I love having her here with us in Illinois, but I am ready to have my house back. So that is one thing that is bothering me.

Another thing that is bothering me is that our Church is in such a place of contentness (not sure if that is a word or not, but it is now.) They are just fine with the way that everything is and that is just not right. It's almost like they don't want to grow anymore for the Lord and they are OK with where everything is. What's that saying...us 4 and no more? I would liken some of the people like that. Don't bring in any new people, we like it just the way it is. I just know that we can do so much more for the cause of Christ and we aren't doing anything. It just doesn't seem right. I want our Youth Department to grow, and I want to see more teens in there. I want to see more young people in our younger kids. I want to have a kids club, and be able to do things with the younger kids. I guess overall I really want to have a bigger Church. One that is on fire for the Lord and that they are willing to do things for the Lord because they want to not because they have too. I am not saying that everyone in our Church is like that, but I bet it is more than half that are. I also want to be somewhere where I don't get yelled at, and where the philosophy is CHILDREN ARE TO BE SEE AND NOT HEARD. What is that about?? I just know that I didn't have kids so that people can see how cute they are (and I must say they are pretty adorable), but they are never supposed to be heard. Nope not to sure that I like that.

I just have to take a minute to brag on my husband. He is the most wonderful man in the world and I love him with all my heart!! He brings me so much joy. When I am discouargaed with things at Church he is always there to tell me that everything will be alright and that God is a loving God, (yet He is also a jealous God) and that the Lord will guide us through this trial. He is a blessing to me on a daily basis. He may not even know what a blessing he is to me, and maybe I don't tell him enough. He knows that I love him, but I don't think that he knows that he is one of the biggest blessings in my life!! He has given me 2 beautiful children (3 actually, although the third one is in Heaven), a roof over my head, food to eat, and above all, he is willing to go to work daily to provide for our family so that I don't have to go to work and I can stay home and take care of the kids. He determined right when we got married that I wouldn't have to work, and he has made it that way ever since. He is an AMAZING man!! I not only love him with all my heart, but I admire him with everythin.g that I have. He has been through so much and through it all he still continues with the best attitude, because he knows that the Lord will see him through. He is just above all the love of my life.

So those are two of the things that were bothering me the other night, and I really do feel better today. Even though neither of those two things have changed, I feel better knowing that the Lord is in control and that He will guide me through these trials. I don't know why it is that we are allowed to go through trials, but I guess it is because the Lord wants us to learn from them, and grow the right way. I know that we will always have trials, and I really don't like that. I do want to learn from them though and I want to do what is right and what the Lord would have me do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand you on the kids issue. That's the way it is at a lot of churches. That was one area that when we got a church would change. Because we are at the church so much, it is a home away from home and I love it like that. They love to go to church. They are allowed to do a whole lot more then they ever could anywhere else. We don't have a lot of breakable pretties around either. Thank God! It never fails we will go to a church and they will have breakables
in the foyer, bathrooms, etc. where the little ones can grab. Classic saying, "They need to learn to keep their hands off".
Anyway! I love it when I let out the MINI TEMPLES. They go running to their parents and show their papers, treats and say how many stickers they got today. To me there is nothing like the sound of laugher, fun, kids being kids in God's house. With average age of 65-70 in our church we do have some that say they shouldn't play in the house of God. To me thats saying don't let the kids be real but fake. No wonder why we have so many Adults now afraid to even sing and shake hands. It's sad.
We are to lift up holy hands and praise God. So are the children.

Sorry to hear about the vacation. Maybe you guys could take a weekend and come see us!! Getting alittle hungry for my age group of fellowship. We are going to Mike's parents late Friday evening and coming back Sun.p.m.
Mike side is having a Family Reunion. His grandpa is having a lot of health problems too. So he wanted to make sure to see him sooner than later.

I'm starting to have blogger w/draws. I have a guy looking at it to see if he can get it up and going. Hopefully soon!

Well this is a long comment. I better go for now. Talk at ya later!! LYL