I was listening to Casting Crowns (my Favorite group, ever!) Slow Fade, and it truly struck home to me. I was reading the lyrics, and then it hit me....I could slowly fade into something that I don't want to be.
With everything that's going on in my life, I find myself pulling away from people. I don't mean to do it, it is just something that happens. However, like the song says: People never crumble in a day, it's a slow fade!
I don't want to fade away, and while I know that it won't happen that way, I am not dumb enough to think that it can't happen. If I give the devil an inch, he'll try to rule my life and I REFUSE to allow that to happen. I belong to the Lord and I know that the Lord will help me through this.
I realize that I have people looking at me as an example, namely my children, and if I fade away, then what will happen to them? I will NOT allow that to happen. I want to be a strong example to my children, and I want them to know that their Mommy isn't going to allow circumstances to control her or her life, that she gives the Lord the victory!
So, I'm here to tell y'all, don't let situations allow you to slowly fade away from the Lord. He's still there for you, and even though sometimes He may seem far away, He's still right there for you!!!! *Yes, I'm preaching to myself here also*
With everything that's going on in my life, I find myself pulling away from people. I don't mean to do it, it is just something that happens. However, like the song says: People never crumble in a day, it's a slow fade!
I don't want to fade away, and while I know that it won't happen that way, I am not dumb enough to think that it can't happen. If I give the devil an inch, he'll try to rule my life and I REFUSE to allow that to happen. I belong to the Lord and I know that the Lord will help me through this.
I realize that I have people looking at me as an example, namely my children, and if I fade away, then what will happen to them? I will NOT allow that to happen. I want to be a strong example to my children, and I want them to know that their Mommy isn't going to allow circumstances to control her or her life, that she gives the Lord the victory!
So, I'm here to tell y'all, don't let situations allow you to slowly fade away from the Lord. He's still there for you, and even though sometimes He may seem far away, He's still right there for you!!!! *Yes, I'm preaching to myself here also*
1 comment:
I am so glad for you, Charlie!! I would never have said anything to you but I was concerned that you might allow yourself to become embittered by your current situation because it would be SO EASY TO DO!!! I'm glad the Lord spoke to your hear today. Much love in Christ - Kelly
Post a Comment