Thursday, May 04, 2006

My joy in life

You know I have been having a really rough time the past week or so, and I am having a hard time finding joy in things. But if you look to the left, you will see what is my true pride and joy in my life!! My family is by far the biggest thing that makes me happy. (Well the Lord makes me the happiest, but my family is next in line) My husband is so great and wonderful and I love him with all my heart and soul. The Lord truly blessed me with a wonderful man of God!! The Lord has also blessed me with two precious little boys. My kids are my pride and joy. I absolutely love being a wife and a mom. I was telling my husband yesterday that hearing your children call you Mommy or Daddy, is the best sound in the world to me. I absolutely love being called Mommy. That is such a sweet sound to my ears. I never wanted anything more in life then what I have now. A wonderful realtionship with the Lord, an excellent marriage, and being a Mommy. There is no greater joy than that in life.

I think that we can sit there and sulk, (and sometimes we may have too), but either we move on, OR we fail in everything. Even though the past week has really been draining on me, I realize that either I work on what is bothering me, have a breakdown, and really tell God what is bothering me, OR I can sit there and continue to dwell in it. Either way, I think that I am going to try to move on. I have to focus on the good, and with a family like mine, how could I go wrong?? I HAVE to focus on what the Lord has done, and is going to do in my life, instead of focusing on what is going wrong. I found a saying that I heard a Pastor say once, and it really struck home to me. It says this :What has your heart, has your life. If the Lord doesn't have your heart, then He doesn't have your life. You know sometimes we let other things have our hearts, instead of allowing the Lord to have it, and I think that is my problem right now. I don't always allow the Lord to have my whole heart, and I have to start allwoing Him to have my everything. So that's my two cents for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so handsome and getting so big. I can tell that your proud of them. It's neat to see the picture of your husband and the boys. Not many boys have that kind of relationship with their dad's. God is good isn't he! Your are a blessed woman and God is using you to reach out to others. Rest on God promises cause some have come true for you!