Well here you see my little guy. This is my youngest son, and he is 6 years old. As I was teaching him today I realized that he is so close to reading, and that brings me so much joy. He should be reading very, very soon. I think that is the biggest joy that I have as being a teacher, is being able to teach the kids how to read. I really feel as though I have done my job, when they can read. (Isn't he cute??) I thought that I would have such a hard time teaching him, because he never sits still, but he has been fairly easy to teach, and he is so eager to learn. Praise the Lord for that!! I didn't want him to be hard to teach, and the Lord answered my prayers on that one. Next year he will be in first grade!! Where does time go? (I hate that his birthday falls so late.)
They grow up so fast don't they??Here is my oldest son. (yes he looks just like his Daddy) He is in second grade, and I hate the thought that he is getting older. I wanted him to stay little, (isn't he cute too??) but I know that is not how it is. He will be 8 next month, and that is just plain crazy to me!! 8 years old, where does the time go?? I mean really. I can remember people telling me to cherish it while they are babies, cause they grow up so fast. In return I would tell them, they don't grow up that fast, do they?? Well in answer to that, YES THEY DO!! Here is my first child, and he is just getting older and older, and it makes me sad to think that he is growing up so fast. I guess that is all part of the process of life though. It's just something that they have to do, and something that I have to let them do, there is no stopping it that's for sure. I can and do praise the Lord that they have both accepted Christ as their Saviour and they are both on their way to Heaven. That is such a relief to know that both your children are saved and should something happen to them, it's OK, when they die they will be with the Heavenly Father!! Praise God for that. God is so good to us, and He has been so good to us over the years. I hate that they are getting older, but I know that there isn't anything that I can do about it, so I have to accept it and cherish every moment that I have with them. They are my babies, and they are a blessing from the Lord to Chris and I. (Plus I think that they are pretty cute too.)
2 comments:
Charlie!!! They are so big!!! I can't believe how fast they have grown either, and I'm not even thier mother! LOL I used to love it when you and the boys would come visit Chris at work... it would highlight my day! Enjoy just being a mother... I hope to someday! :) Love ya girl!
We just got back from a M/D Banquet at Bethel - Pekin. Loved it but it was a long trip.
So June is vacation!
The week we really have a family vacation I'm going to - well I really don't know what I would do.
Sounds like fun. You guys derserve it.
LYL
Post a Comment